Friday, April 27, 2012

Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

Ok people here is my hair confesison. Since I was little my mom has had chemicals in my hair. I'm 26 and I don't even know what my natural hair even looks like. (I mean a head-full not just the new growth). Anyways, I wore a weave for about a year. Being chemically dependent on relaxers, I was relaxing AND weaving. Yes I know its dumb and I am paying for it severely now. When I took my weave out for the very last time I noticed I had a HUGE bald spot on the left side of my hair and my top is thinning. I'm horrified everytime I look at it.



I want to be chemical free. I would like tips on growing out the relaxer. I don't like weaves and fake hair, and since my hair is thinning I don't really want to cut it off, and with the bald spot, braids will look worse. Any ideas? I'm truly embarrased, but I want to fix the problem. Thanks!



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

Wow..i'm sorry to hear that. Well since you have had so much processing done to your hair, I'm glad you stopped! Relaxers can be good to tame hair texture, but only when they are used in the right time frames and not excessively.



Get a very very good deep conditioner and shampoo, (Soft and Beautiful has some wonderful products and they are affordable, or choose another reputable brand like Pantene or Biolage(costs a bit more tho). Then since it sounds like you want your hair to be more manageable...get a blow dryer with a comb attatchment at the end so after washing your hair you can comb it dry instead of using a reg blow dryer which most likely will make your hair frizzy, harder to control, and add to damage. Make sure if you blow dry you don't use the highest setting.



Now..since you have problems with the thinning, I would not suggest using any straightners, hot combs or anything unless you really must because it can contribute to the damage. Braids would be ideal because you could leave them in for a few months while your hair heals and repairs, but since you have a balding spot maybe you can find a way to style your hair with maybe a hair piece or some extension that does not require actual weaving which can cause more damage as well. (i know you said you don't like fake hair, but it is an option until you can get your hair healthier).



Olive oil based products for hair are very effective, and there is a really really good oil called Soft %26amp; Beautiful Botanicals which will give your hair a little shine, but also make it feel good. You can find it at Target for like 5 bucks or so. It's great!



If none of this sounds like what you want, I highly suggest going to a professional hair stylist if you can afford it. For your natural hair, you may have to go every two weeks or once a month, but it would be very worth it since they have the expertise and experience to deal with your hair damage. Well good luck, I hope some of these tips helped. To learn more about ethnic hair care you can visit www.palacinka.com



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

you're welcome!! Report It



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

When my mom had the similar problem with a bald patch on her head... doctors advised her following.



1. Have green tea/chinese tea.



2. Put egg white in her hair root twice a week



3. have 2-3 servings of green leafy vegitables at least 3 a week.



Regards



G



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

this site has WONDERFUL advice and a forum that you can post questions on. TRY IT !!!..HHP



http://www.blackhairmedia.com/



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

Since your hair is thinning around your hair line, I dont think you should get any braids. Braids are always tighter at the front because thats the focal point of the hairstyle.



I too have learned from getting braids over and over again. You first need to start getting your hair into good shape. Healty hair is the best hair to work with. Your haircare routine sounds great but what are you doing with it after you wash and condition it?



I find that my hair grows longer and healther when I get a wrap/deep conditioner at the hair salon. I also get my ends cut once a month.



I suggest you go see a professional hairstylist who specializes in hairgrowth and care, especially when it comes to braids. She then can suggest a professional way on how to fix the problem.



Thinning, bald spots, and dealing with a relaxer is alot to handle on your own if your not sure on what to do. I would go have consultation with someone. They can recommend certain shampoos and conditoners just for your hair texture.



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

i used to relax my hair also(not for very long though) and didnt like the way it lightened my hair and caused breakage.



you could braid it (without fake hair) in cornrows, single braids, twists, if you do these styles make sure they are not tight or this will make your hair break even more. or if your hair is too weak for that, just continue your hair routine and over time the relaxer will grow out. some people like to cut off the ends of their hair when the realaxer is almost grown out, because by this time the ends that look relaxed are dead. personally i havn't cut them yet cause i think it'll make my hair look short..but im a whimp. um keep your hair mosturized with natural ingredeients.



you can go to www.motowngirl.com for some more tips! hope this helps! good luck.



Relaxers are evil... : ( I want to go natural. help!!?

I has the same problem, colored over and over, and I put a relaxer in it, that made it much worse. You may not like this, but you know what I did? I cut it all off! I started a new. First let your hair grow out for a few month, then go to the salon, and tell them to cut off the chemical treated parts. Your head will be able to breathe, and your hair will grow much better, and shampoo every other day to keep it, from over drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment