Friday, April 27, 2012

Is permed and colored hair healthy hair?

a lot of people say that permed and colored hair isn't healthy because of the chemicals. they say that the chemicals alter the natural hair curl in ones hair and strip it to make it straight. is any of this true. i've heard all kinds of stuff, like perms give people cancer. i was wondering if perms are as damaging as i hear. some people say they permed their hair so long and tried to get their hair to grow back without a perm and their hair is balding, and coarser, but doesn't hair change over time? i'm confused.



Is permed and colored hair healthy hair?

Bleaching, perming and straightening severely damage your hair. But it does grow back. As you get older the coarseness of your hair changes.



Is permed and colored hair healthy hair?

I had very long hair that I colored a lot and I just had to have about 6 inches taken off of it due to color damage...I have very thick naturally curly hair and while it never took the curl out, the over-processing made it dull, dry, and frizzy...



Now the thing is, I was using at-home hair color, and from what the stylist told me, this is worse then having it professionally done, because they use better quality chemicals. I never trusted this before because I just figured they were trying to sell me an expensive salon color job, and I just stuck to the cheap store bought stuff. But this girl that told me this recently works in a salon that does not do color, so I would have to assume it's really true.



I recommend what the stylist told me. If you have your hair colored or permed, have it professionally done, and have it maintenanced only as often as you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment