Monday, April 23, 2012

Top 3 inches of colored hair fades incredibly fast but lower length stays perfect, any help?

I have medium brown hair that is very long (falls halfway down my back). It is a bit mousy and I have gray at the temples and single gray hairs sporadically. Because I am under 30, I color my hair a bit darker, a richer brown. I used to use only semi permanent color as I was nervous about permanent color but it didn't color my grays anymore, they would fade back to gray in a matter of 2 weeks. So I started using permanent color, a cool, 1 shade darker than my natural color but the crown of my hair still fade in about 2-3 weeks and the temple gray is noticable again. It seems to go even lighter than my natural hair was. The ends are still perfect, not faded at all which is where most color fades as I understand it. Now, I know that 3 weeks is too soon to be dying my hair again and I do use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner and I only shampoo my hair 3 times a week. I really hate looking like I am about 3 months behind on my roots. What can I do? Any suggestions



Top 3 inches of colored hair fades incredibly fast but lower length stays perfect, any help?

You have two options if you live near a Sally Beauty Supply store.



1) Wella Color Charm Semi-Permanent



2) Ion Color Brilliance (permanent)



Both of those lines cover beautifully and they have their own developers. I just mix 1:1 color to developer.



Remember to only do the length (not the roots) about twice a year bc otherwise they will get too dark over time. Always do the previously color hair (length) in semi-permanent bc it's less damaging and hopefully won't deposit as much color there.



The roots you should do in permanent color.



Always choose a shade or two lighter, bc it can tend to darken if your hair is very porous. Another good thing to use before coloring the day before is Revlon Porosity Control.



Top 3 inches of colored hair fades incredibly fast but lower length stays perfect, any help?

the best solution is to go to a salon and get your hair professionally colored home color is crap

No comments:

Post a Comment